Entry to Degree Level 1
* STPM: Two (2) principal passes and 4 credit passes in SPM, or
* A-Level: Two (2) passes and 4 Grade C passes at O-Level or
* APU's Foundation or equivalent, or
* A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Entry to Degree Level 2
* Successful completion of the APU Diploma, or
* Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Degree Level 1 of an Honours degree (subject to approval of APU's Academic Board)
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance (specialism in Forex and Investments) programme provides:
* Specialised knowledge and understanding of money market and the identification of investment alternatives that are available.
* Development of intellectual capability; research skills and creative thinking to examine and analyse the impact of the constantly changing environment on the organization & to respond appropriately.
* Understanding of the conceptual framework underlying disciplines relevant to investment and treasury management; in order to enable students to prepare for a career within that function.
Students who complete this degree are eligible for exemptions for:
* A maximum of 9 papers from The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
* 6 papers exemptions (All the certificate-level papers and 1 operational-level paper) from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
* 8 papers from CPA Australia
* 6 papers from Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
* 7 or 8 papers from CTIM based on the areas of specialization.
Dual Degree Program
The dual degree programs are offered through a unique collaborative partnership between APU and Staffordshire University UK. Staffordshire University accredits undergraduate programs that are designed and delivered by APU University.
The APU-Staffordshire dual degree programs are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the Code of Practice for Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
Upon graduation, students will be awarded two undergraduate degree Certificate and Transcripts, one from Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) - Malaysia and one from Staffordshire University - United Kingdom.
There is a huge demand across modern financial markets for financial analysts and investors. All too often assessments of risk are crudely made and the consequences of getting things wrong can be serious, including lost opportunities, loss of business and even loss of life. Graduates in this field are in great demand in FOREX and money markets, investment firms, merchant banks, consulting specialists, corporations, stockbroker firms and government offices.
Previously known as APIIT and UCTI, the Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) has produced more than 20,000 highly skilled technology professionals in Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region, and has earned a reputation for excellence in education and research and development.
* Staffordshire University’s strong focus on employability was underlined in the UK Sunday Times newspaper’s 2010 University League Tables, in which it was recognised as a leading UK university for achieving graduate employment.
* One of the first universities in the world to offer computing degrees back in the 1960s, Staffordshire maintains a strong reputation for excellence and innovation in teaching technology-based subjects.
* Staffordshire’s Accounting and Finance, Business Studies, Economics, Management and Marketing degrees have all been designed to provide a truly international perspective. This is a real benefit for students wishing to pursue a career in Business or Commerce.