Direct into Foundation:
* SPM / O-Levels (Art/Science stream) min. 5 credits; or
* UEC (Commerce/Science stream) min. 3 credits incl. Maths; or
* STPM / A-Levels (Art/Science stream) less than 2 Principals; or
* SAM / CPU (Art/Science stream) ave. less than 60%; or
* UEC (Commerce/Science stream) min. 2 credits incl. Maths (direct into Diploma / A-Levels)
Direct into Year 1:
* STPM / A-Levels (Art/Science stream) min. 2 principals; or
* UEC (Commerce/Science stream) min. 5 credits; or
* SAM (5 subj.) / CPU (6 subj.)/ min. average 60%; or
* Local matriculation (Art/Science-based) min. CGPA 2.5; or
* International Baccalaureate (Science-based) 26/42 from 6 subjects; or
* Diploma/Advance Diploma/Degree/equivalent min. pass - subject to discretion of institution
The UCSI University B.A. (Hons) Accounting & Finance degree provides students with a rigorous education, fulfilling the needs of an accountant in the modern business environment. Students will develop relevant understanding and skills to support people within organizations to make better decisions.
Through a combination of examinations, projects, coursework and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in the final year, students are able to acquire up-to-date skills that are vocationally relevant, reflecting the complex and challenging nature of the accounting and business environment.
Graduates who pass Auditing 2 and Taxation 2 will receive up to Part II exemption from ACCA* and up to ICSA IQS1 exemption from ICSA**.
Graduates who completed B. A. (Hons.) - Accounting & Finance will be exempted direct into professional level 2 in CPA*** .
* ACCA - The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
** ICSA - Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
*** CPA - Certified Practising Accountant.
This course will also equip graduates to pursue further professional qualifications with CIMA, CFA, CFP, RFP, CTIM, ICAEW, MIA, MICPA, etc.
UCSI University is a leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Terengganu and Sarawak. It was accorded the University College status in 2003 and became UCSI University when it received University status in 2008.