* Pass STPM / A-Level / Matriculation / Pre-U with minimum CGPA 2.5 AND 2 principals Grade C in any 2 subj. from Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics; or
* Related Diploma with min. CGPA 2.5
* Diploma in Medical Imaging with CGPA of 2.75; or
* Diploma in Medical Imaging with CGPA of 2.5 AND 3 Years working experience in related field; or
* Other equivalent qualifications
MOHE Approval Code: KA9557
The MAHSA University B.Sc. (Hons) Biomedical Sciences programme is in collaboration with Northumbria University UK, and provides students with a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of human health and disease from the perspective of the diagnostic laboratory.
Lectures will be undertaken by permanent staff of the Department of Biomedical Sciences of MAHSA, visiting lecturers from Northumbria and local specialists in pathology. Students registered for this programme will be given access to resources enjoyed by students studying Biomedical Sciences in the University of Northumbria in UK.
Graduates of this programme have excellent career prospects in:
* Hospital pathology services
* Biomedical research at universities and research institutions
* Pharmaceutical industries
* Biotechnology industries
* Diagnostics industries
* Veterinary / animal science
* Forensic science
* Scientific departments of the civil service
* Scientific writing
This programme is also a stepping stone for graduates to further their studies in medicine, dentistry or to a higher qualification in science (Masters / PhD).
MAHSA (Malaysian Allied Health Science Academy) was established in 2005 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with the belief that higher education in the field of healthcare is a vital cog in the development of the nation.