B.Eng.(Hons) Chemical Engineering
« Back to Search Area
Apply now and our student counselor will contact you shortly. Our counseling, evaluation and application services are free of charge
Location of Study:
Full Time/Part Time:
B.Eng.(Hons) Chemical Engineering
MQA Reference No: A8663
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Specialization: Chemical Engineering
- Level: Degree
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: January, May, September,
- Entry Requirement:Direct into Foundation in Science:* SPM / O-Levels (Science stream) min. 5 credits incl. Maths & 2 Sciences (Physics/Chemistry/Biology); or* UEC (Science stream) min. 4 credits incl. Maths & 2 Sciences (Physics/Chemistry/Biology); or* SAM (Science stream) ave. less than 65% and above 50%; with a min of 50% in Maths; or* CPU (Science stream) ave. less than 60% and above 50%; with a min of 50% in MathsDirect into Year 1:* STPM / A-levels (Science stream) min. 2 principals incl. Maths & Chemistry; or* UEC (Science stream) min. 5 credits incl. Maths & Chemistry; or* SAM (Science stream) min. ave. 65% in 5 subjects incl. Maths; or* CPU (Science stream) min. ave. 60% in 6 subjects incl. Maths; or* Matriculation (Science stream) min. CGPA 2.5 incl. Maths; or* International Baccalaureate (Science based) 26/42 from 6 subjects; or* Diploma/Advance Diploma/Degree/equivalent min. pass - subject to discretion of institution
- English Requirements:* Distinction (A1 or A2) in SPM / UEC English; or* MUET Band 5; or* TOEFL score of 213 (Computer based) / 550 (Written based) / 79-80 (Internet based); or* IELTS Band 5.5* If English Language requirements are not fulfilled; additional English module(s) must be taken at UCSI University Brief Description:
* Please refer to fee guide attached for details.
* First time payment: RM20,675.
* Local student fee for the entire programme is approximately RM83,138.
The UCSI University B.Eng (Hons) Chemical Engineering is designed to equip students with a solid foundation and the knowledge of chemistry, physics, mathematics, mechanical and electrical engineering and their applications to the industry.
The programme encompasses a well-balanced curriculum that focuses on the development of theoretical concepts, practical engineering skills and teamwork. It covers a wide range of subjects that includes foundation of chemistry, industrial chemistry, mass and heat transfer, surface chemistry and catalysis, polymer technology, environmental engineering and abatement processes, petrochemical industries, natural gas technology, corrosion, reaction engineering and design, fuel and combustion, particle technology, geosciences, petroleum and natural gas reservoir and management and economy.
Students will undergo industrial training under the UCSI University Co-Operative Placement (Co-Op) Programme in the third semester of each year to learn from and familiarise themselves with the real life working environment. Towards the end of the course of study, students will undertake a two-semester final year project to assess their understanding and the outcome of their formal education.
All UCSI University engineering degree programmes comply with the latest requirements for accreditation by the Malaysian Engineering Accreditation Council which fulfils the international requirements drafted in the Washington Accord.
UCSI University is a leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Terengganu and Sarawak. It was accorded the University College status in 2003 and became UCSI University when it received University status in 2008.