Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
« Back to Search Area
Apply now and our student counselor will contact you shortly. Our counseling, evaluation and application services are free of charge
Location of Study:
Full Time/Part Time:
Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
MQA Reference No: A8305
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Specialization: Aviation
- Level: Diploma
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: January, March, May, July, October,
- Entry Requirement:* SPM, SPMV, O-level or equivalent with 3 credits incl. English, Maths and a Science subject; or* Technical / Vocational Certificate - pass with Level 3 and 1 credit in SPM (studies to Diploma level should be in the same field); or* Successful completion of the certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or other relevant field from a polytechnic or other provider of higher education recognised by the Malaysian Government with a CGPA of 2.0
- English Requirements:* IELTS minimum Band 5.0; or* GCE / IGCSE O-Level English minimum Grade B Brief Description:
* Please refer to fee guide attached for fee breakdown and accommodation rental rates.
* Malaysian students fees for entire programme is approximately RM48,790.
MOHE Approval Code: KA8305
Total Fee (Local student): approx. RM48,790
Total Fee (International student): approx. RM57,065
The affordability of air travel has led to a significant growth in the air carrier industry, creating a huge demand for aircraft maintenance staff. Suitably qualified personnel, especially those allowed to certify aircraft worthiness command high salaries and are highly sought after.
The Nilai University Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering programme is your passport to certifying aircraft worthiness as the diploma incorporates the European Aviation Safety Agency** (EASA) syllabus, preparing you for the EASA Part 66 Category B1-1 examinations. Students will sit for the EASA examination at the same time whilst pursuing their diploma course. Nilai University is an EASA approved examination site and this means students will no longer need to incur the high expenses of travelling to Europe for the exam.
As part of the course, you will undergo guaranteed industrial attachment with our strong partners.
The Nilai University Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course is recognised by the European Avaiation Safety Agency (EASA). Students who wish to further their studies can apply for credit transfers to the Institute of Technology Carlow in Ireland, University of the West of England in Bristol UK, University of South Wales UK and Swinburne University of Technology in Australia.
Students who have completed the 2.5 Years Nilai University Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering programme can also continue to pursue the 1 Year Advanced Diploma in Aircraft Engineering Technology offered by Nilai University. Upon completion of the Nilai University Advanced Diploma in Aircraft Engineering Technology, students will also be awarded the BSc (Hons) in Aircraft Engineering from Kingston University, UK.
Majority of students who complete the Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering programme will take on jobs as aircraft maintenance engineers. Graduates will need to complete 5 years of working experience in aircraft maintenance and repair to obtain the EASA Part 66 Category B1-1 license. Employment opportunities will mainly be with airlines and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) companies. Other employment opportunities would be with civil service or aerospace parts manufacturers.
Nilai University Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering students have the opportunity to undergo their 6 months on-the-job training with the following industry partners:
* Air Asia X Sdn Bhd
* GE Engine Service Malaysia Sdn Bhd
* Berjaya Air Sdn Bhd
* Hawker Pacific (M) Sdn Bhd
* Integrated Aviation Academy
* Sabah Air Sdn Bhd
* KL Airport Services Sdn Bhd
* Awan Inspirasi Sdn Bhd
* CTRM Aviation Sdn Bhd
* Eurocopter Malaysia S/B
* KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
* MAS Wings - Malaysia Airlines
* Subang General Aviation Sdn Bhd
* Maldivian Air Taxi (Pte.) Ltd
* Sepang Aircraft Engineering S/B,
* SR Aviation S/B
* Systematic Aviation Services S/B
* Firefly Sdn Bhd
* Weststar Aviation Services Sdn Bhd
All offers for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Programme are subject to you being certified by a medical practitioner as fit to be accepted into the programme and not having any of the following medical/ physical conditions:-
* Colour blindness
* Hearing defects
** Note: The European Aviation Safety Agency is the centrepiece of the European Union's strategy for aviation safety.
* Basic Aerodynamics
* Electrical Fundamentals - I and II
* Aviation Legislation
* Materials and Hardware
* Human Factors
* Electronic Fundamentals
* Maintenance Practices - I
* Theory of Flight and Flight Controls
* Airframe Structures
* Air Conditioning , Cabin Pressurisation and Oxygen Systems
* Aircraft Hydraulics and Pneumatics
* Digital Techniques and Electronic Instrument System
* Maintenance Practices - II
* Instrument and Avionics Systems
* Aircraft Fuel System and Ice & Rain Protection
* Aircraft Landing Gears and Brakes
* Turbine Engine and APU
* Engine Lubrication, Fuel and Air Systems
* Engine Operation and Maintenance
* Advanced Instrument System
* Aircraft Autoflight System
* Communication and Navigation Systems
Established in 1998, Nilai University is one of the largest private higher education providers in Malaysia and home to students from over 50 countries worldwide.