Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Specialization: Communication / Telecommunication Engineering
- Level: Diploma
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: March, June, October,
- Entry Requirement:
* Pass in O-Levels or its equivalent with four (4) credits incl. of English; Maths; Physics; or
* A-Levels / equivalent with 2 principals incl. of Maths; Physics.
* Fulfil MMU English Requirement.
- English Requirements:
* TOEFL: 480 Paper-based; 157 Computer-based; 54 Internet-based; or
* IELTS: 5.0; or
* Cambridge O-Levels English: Min. Grade C
Note: Students who do not meet the above requirements are to sit for an English Language Placement Test. Students who fail the placement test shall be required to attend the MMU Intensive English Language programme. Brief Description:
* Please refer to attached brochure for fee breakdown.
* Fees shown are for International Students.
* First Initial Payment: RM17,470
* On-campus hostel accommodation is available (RM200 - RM250) per month (2 - 3 pax sharing)
The Multimedia University (MMU) Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering (DTE) programme is designed to provide students with the necessary skills which would equip them for employment in network fault diagnosis; equipment repair and installations; service and network planning with telecommunication companies. Subjects offered in this programme includes transmission theory; telecommunications signalling; communication measurements and techniques; and advanced data communications. In addition; students would be exposed to basic telephony; networks and fundamentals of microprocessor.
All engineering degrees awarded by the MMU Faculty of Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Council of Malaysia and the Board of Engineers; Malaysia. Furthermore; Malaysia is a signatory of the Washington Accord. Hence; MMU engineering graduates are recognised and able to work at the signatory countries such as Australia; Canada; Hong Kong; Ireland; Japan; New Zealand; Singapore; South Africa; South Korea; Taiwan; UK and USA.
MMU being one of the top 200 universities in Asia ranked by the QS Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd; the compilers of Times Higher Education and enjoys the company of students from over 66 countries from the continents of Africa; Asia; Europe and North America.