Bachelor of Science (Hons) Culinology
« Back to Search Area
Apply now and our student counselor will contact you shortly. Our counseling, evaluation and application services are free of charge
Location of Study:
Full Time/Part Time:
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Culinology
MQA Reference No: MQA/FA0187
- Field of Study: Hotel / Food / Tourism
- Specialization: Culinary Arts
- Level: Degree
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: March, August,
- Entry Requirement:* A-Levels: 2 principal passes, EE
* South Australian Matriculation (SAM): ATAR 50
* Canadian Pre-University (CPU): 50% in 6 subjects
* International Baccalaureate (IB): Minimum 24 points in 6 subjects* UEC: Pass with minimum 5Bs* Taylor's Foundation in Arts minimum CGPA 2.0* Taylor's Diploma in Hotel Management / Tourism Management / Event Management / Culinary Arts: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0
* International students with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- English Requirements:
* IELTS min. Band 5.0
* TOEFL min. 62 (iBT)
* MUET min. Band 3
* UEC English B6
* O-Level min Grade C
* 1119 GCE O-Level Grade B
* Taylor's EET Overall score 5.0 Brief Description:
Refer to fee guide attached for fee breakdown and details.
International Student Fee: RM114,122 (inclusive of student VISA)
Accredited by the Research Chefs Association (RCA), USA
The Taylor's University Bachelor of Science (Hons) Culinology programme equips students with knowledge and skills in food product development, grooming them to be a part of the ready-made and processed foods industry.
The curriculum focuses on four core areas: culinary arts, food science, food technology, and research and development. Students are equipped with the latest technology and training in culinary and food science, allowing them to work on innovative and creative approaches in food product development.
* Professionally Recognised - Accreditation by the Research Chefs Association (RCA), USA entitles graduates to membership benefits and access to a professional network.
* Comprehesive Course Structure - Hands-on programme that covers kitchen practical, laboratory practical and R&D / Equipped to develop ideas and concepts to fit existing and new markets; elaborate on recipes and protocols encompassing mass roduction concerns; and the ability to measure, monitor and control food quality and product acceptance. / Opportunity to learn about Halal food via elective modules such as Halal Food Product Development, which have been developed in collaboration with the Halal Industry Development Corporation Malaysia
* Strong Emphasis on R&D - Explore the generation of new ideas, preparation of various prototypes, evaluation of customer acceptance and elaboration of a final formulation (recipe). / The opportunity to fully design a food product from its inception to marketing of the product. / Opportunity to attend a Culinology® conference in USA as part of the R&D Professional Development Project offered as a Year 3 elective subject
* Real World Experience - 12-week internship in Year 2, to develop supervisory skills in the various areas of a centralised or mass production kitchen (planning production, quality control and hygiene standard and elaboration of new menu). / 15-week internship in Year 3, to participate in the R&D aspect (market study conceptualisation of new product, testing of recipes in production line).
Why Study Hospitality with Taylor's University?
* World Class Facilities
* Industry-Centric Programmes
* One of South East Asia's largest and most established School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts (with over 25 years of expertise).
* Taylor's School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts has been awarded the 6-star Outstanding Rating in the Ministry of Higher Education Discipline-based Rating System.
Refer to brochure attached for course modules and further details.