Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science & Nutrition)
- Field of Study: Sciences
- Specialization: Food Science
- Level: Degree
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: March, August,
- Entry Requirement:
* Taylors Foundation in Science (FIS) CGPA 2.67
* A-Levels: CCD
* South Australian Matriculation (SAM): ATAR 70
* Canadian (Ontario) Pre-University (CPU): Average of 72%
* International Baccalaureate (IB): 26 points based on 6 subjects (Minimum Grade for Pre-requisite Subjects Biology & Chemistry CGPA 2.5 for all of the above)
* International Students with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- English Requirements:
* IELTS: Overall 6
* TOEFL: 550 (Paper Based Test); 213 (Computer Based Test); 79 (Internet Based Test)
* International Students with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis Brief Description:
* Please refer to fee guide attached for fee details and breakdown.
MOHE Approval Code: KPT/JPS(N/541/6/0001)02/16
Food science and nutrition involves the integrated study of chemistry; biology; physics; food engineering and human nutrition. It focuses on understanding how diets and nutrition affect people s health; using science and technology to create new; wholesome food products; and enhancing existing food production; processing and management systems. Taylors Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science & Nutrition) is a 3.5-year programme that equips students with scientific knowledge to develop innovative, safe and healthy food products; ability to advise and provide nutritional information for individuals or groups; and entrepreneurial skills to set up food-related business ventures.
Students will undertake a number of core food science subjects and broaden their understanding of food production through elective subjects like Introduction to Halal Food and Principles of Halal Food Business Management, which have been endorsed by the Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC) Malaysia.
In addition, they will gain real-world experience by undertaking actual research projects and undergoing a 10-weeks internship.
Ultimately, this programme will produce influential food scientists with the knowledge, technologies and social values to make a difference in the food industry locally and globally.
Taylors is one of the oldest, most successful and reputable private education institution in Malaysia.