Certificat d’Assistant de Pâtisserie aims to provide a strong basic foundation using the core ingredients of French Pâtisserie which are flour, butter, sugar, eggs. At this level we will impart techniques of applying and combining these ingredients which will progressively help students into producing a rich diversity of pastries and doughs such as pate sablee, pate feuilletee and pate a choux.
French culinary terms and definitions:
* The use and care of cookery equipment
* Working in a safe and hygienic manner
* Food preparation and mise en place
* Work organization and planning
* French classical cooking techniques
* Commodities – receiving and storage
* Basic French pastry terms
* Basic decoration
* Introduction to chocolate
* Introduction to bread and yeast dough’s
* Introduction to desserts
* French Patisserie – introduction to a variety of cakes and pastries
* Basic dough’s and fillings – short pastry, choux pastry, puff
With over 100 years of teaching experience, Le Cordon Bleu network has remained committed to providing a solid foundation in best practices in Gastronomy, Hospitality and Management.
Graduates become part of a great tradition of excellence, with credentials that will set them apart from the competition in a demanding and changing environment.
Over 80 Le Cordon Bleu chefs from the finest kitchens and Michelin-starred restaurants pass on their knowledge and experience daily to their students. Not just instructors, they are mentors providing lifelong inspiration and support to graduates.
The faculty at Le Cordon Bleu includes university professors, international personalities and specialists in the tourism and hospitality sectors.
Le Cordon Bleu also offers the most complete and comprehensive training in classic French culinary techniques available today, with many hands-on hours in teaching kitchens under the guidance of world class chefs.