The Sunway University Diploma in Culinary Arts programme is designed to develop enterprising and creative professionals who embrace contemporary technologies and practices in line with international culinary standards. This diploma provides a comprehensive range of learning opportunities in areas such as Classical French Cuisine, Asian and International Cuisine, Culinary Artistry and Viennoiserie and Boulangerie.
The Sunway University Diploma in Culinary Arts is validated by the Le Cordon Bleu, a world renowned hospitality and culinary institution, giving graduates a cutting-edge insight into the contemporary trends in culinary arts.
* Principles of Accounting
* Business English I
* Business English II
* Introduction to Information Technology
* Principles of Marketing
* Supervisory Skills
* International Cultural Studies
* Basic Culinary Techniques
* Classical French Cuisine
* Asian and International Cuisine
* Viennoiserie and Boulangerie
* Contemporary Cuisine
* Culinary Artistry
* Food Safety and Sanitation
* Kitchen Design and Ergonomics
* Beverage Studies
* Understanding Hospitality and Tourism Industry
* Food and Beverage Operations I
* Food and Beverage Operations II
* Food and Beverage Operations III
* Restaurant Business Operations
* Purchasing and Cost Control
* Foreign Language- Elementary French
* Foreign Language- Elementary Japanese
Students who complete this Diploma programme will be a culinary professional:
- who is an expert in culinary arts, with creative flair to come up with new dishes.
- with excellent communication skills to deal with customers and supervise team members.
- who can manage and run a food business.
Upon completion of the Sunway University Diploma in Culinary Arts, students may enrol into Year 2 of the BSc (Hons) in International Hospitality Management programme, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Duration: 2 years and 20 weeks of internship
Dual Award from Sunway University and Le Cordon Bleu, Paris.
Sunway University was one of very few private higher education institutions in Malaysia to be rated "Excellent" in the first ever quality rating system in Malaysia.