Local Student Total Fees: RM23,600
International Student Total Fees: RM31,800 (incl. Student VISA fees)
MOHE Approval Code: KA7083
The Dental Surgery Assistant (DSA) is a valued member of the oral health team. The Dental Surgery Assistant takes on a significant responsibility and greatly increases the efficiency and the productivity of the dental surgeon in the delivery of quality oral health care.
The Dental Surgery Assistant (DSA) task includes:
* Assisting the dental operator by pre-assessing the need for the procedure, holding and passing instruments
* Retracting tissues and suctioning to assist better vision of the operating field
* Retrieving, setting up and laying out dental equipment and dental instruments
* Mixing materials
* Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment
* Developing dental radiographs
* Charting for the dental operator
* Exposing radiographs
* Fabricating bleaching trays
* In-office bleaching
* Applying sealants
The MAHSA University Certificate for Dental Surgery Assistant programme is to the standard and quality of the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA). The training is professionally supervised in clinics equipped with state of the art facilities, complete with up to date curriculum, modern equipments and a conducive study environment.
The course will produce Dental Surgery Assistants who are competent in chair side assisting, patient management, with good clinical and communication skills. This 2 year course is taught via Tutorials, Lectures, Seminars, Problem Based Learning (PBLs), Simulation clinics, Clinical visits to external clinics.
Employment opportunities can be found in both private and public sectors in hospitals, private oral health services, government health services, dental schools, colleges and universities.
MAHSA (Malaysian Allied Health Science Academy) was established in 2005 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with the belief that higher education in the field of healthcare is a vital cog in the development of the nation.