Apply now and our student counselor will contact you shortly. Our counseling, evaluation and application services are free of charge
Location of Study:
Full Time/Part Time:
Multimedia University (MMU)
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Specialization: Mechanical Engineering
- Level: Degree
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: March, June, October,
- Entry Requirement:
Either of the following:
* Pass in Foundation in Engineering; or
* Pass in A-Levels or its equivalent with three (3) Principals inclusive of Mathematics & Physics; or
* Pass in a related 2 years Diploma from a recognised institution or its equivalent.
* Fulfil MMU English Requirement.
- English Requirements: Brief Description:
* TOEFL: 520 Paper-based; 190 Computer-based; 68 Internet-based; or
* IELTS: 5.5; or
* Cambridge O-Levels English: Min. Grade C
Note: Students who do not meet the above requirements are to sit for an English Language Placement Test. Students who fail the placement test shall be required to attend the MMU Intensive English Language programme.
The Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering and Technology offers a four-year course leading to the degree of Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) majoring in Mechanical Engineering programme. Students enrolling in this course will be required to study traditional subjects such as Engineering Mathematics; Mechanics; Fluid Mechanics; Thermal Sciences; Material Science; Engineering Design; Theory of Machines and Mechanisms; Control Theory; Industrial and Systems Sciences. Students will also be required to study subjects from other Engineering disciplines; Arts and Humanities and non-traditional subjects such as Multimedia Technology and Cyberpreneurship
Apart from classroom studies; students will be expected to excel in the laboratories. In the final year; students will engage in industrial training to expose them to the engineering working environment.
The Multimedia University (MMU) Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) majoring in Mechanical Engineering programme aims for the following outcomes:
* Ability to acquire and apply fundamental principles of science and engineering.
* Capability to communicate effectively.
* Acquisition of technical competence in specialised areas of engineering discipline.
* Ability to identify; formulate and model problems and find engineering solutions based on a system approach.
* Ability to conduct investigation and research on engineering problems in a chosen field of study.
* Understanding of the importance of sustainability and cost-effectiveness in design and development of engineering solutions.
* Understanding and commitment to professional and ethical responsibilities.
* Ability to work effectively as an individual; and as a member/leader in a team.
* Ability to be a multi-skilled engineer with good technical knowledge; management; leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
* Awareness of the social; cultural; global and environmental responsibilities as an engineer.
* Capability and enthusiasm for self-improvement through continuous professional development and life-long learning.
All engineering degrees awarded by the MMU Faculty of Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Council of Malaysia and the Board of Engineers; Malaysia. Furthermore; Malaysia is a signatory of the Washington Accord. Hence; MMU engineering graduates are recognised and able to work at the signatory countries such as Australia; Canada; Hong Kong; Ireland; Japan; New Zealand; Singapore; South Africa; South Korea; Taiwan; UK and USA.
* Please refer to attached brochure for fee breakdown.
* Fees shown are for International Students.
* First Initial Payment: RM17,470
* On-campus hostel accommodation is available (RM200 - RM250) per month (2 - 3 pax sharing)