Doctor of Medicine Degree
* SPM / O-level or equivalent with 5Bs in Maths, Add Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
* SPM / O-level or equivalent with 5 credits incl. of Maths and 2 Science subjects
* UEC with minimum 4 credits incl. of Maths and 2 Science subjects (Chemistry, Biology and Physics)
The UCSI University Foundation in Science (Faculty of Medical Sciences) programme is a comprehensive, flexible and dynamic programme specifically designed to prepare students to pursue their specific academic path in various UCSI University science-based undergraduate programmes such as Doctor of Medicine and Nursing.
Doctor of Medicine Entry Requirements:
Students who want to pursue the Doctor of Medicine programme upon completion of their Foundation in Science must achieve minimum CGPA 3.5 AND have SPM / O-level or equivalent with 5Bs in Maths, Add Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
Core Modules for Foundation in Science (Health Sciences)
* General Chemistry I & II
* General Biology I & II
* General Physics I
* Fundamentals of Mathematics
* Algebra & Trigonometry
* Introduction to Probability and Statistics
* Introduction to Business
* Computing Essentials
Elective Modules (any 3 of the following 5)
* Intro to Malaysian Studies
* Intro to Moral Studies
* Fundamentals of Oral Communication
* Fundamental of Computer Graphics
* Architectural Communication
Note on Foundation Programmes:
Compared to A-Levels, SAM, CPU and other broad-based Pre-University programmes, Foundation programmes provide a more focused progressive route towards a Degree course offered by the same University. It also provides direct entry into a limited range of universities and programmes.
Hence, students should only consider Foundation programmes if they are sure about the Degree programme that they want to pursue upon completion of their 1-Year Foundation studies.
UCSI University is a leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Terengganu and Sarawak. It was accorded the University College status in 2003 and became UCSI University when it received University status in 2008.