MOHE Approval Code: KA8618
Total Fee (International Student): approx. RM77,290
The University of Sunderland BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management programme at SEGi University, Malaysia brings an international flavour to degree-level studies in one of the faster growing industries today.
This programme has been uniquely designed to meet the requirements of employers. Graduates will be empowered with the professional skills in communication, problem solving, team work, relationship building and leadership.
The combined expertise of the SEGi University and the teaching comrades of the University of Sunderland arm the students with the required knowledge and practical reinforcement in tourism and hospitality.
Graduates of the University of Sunderland BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management programme stands a good chance of being employed into tourism companies and opportunities in regional and national government organisations in Malaysia, UK and overseas. Graduates can also work as travel agents, food service managers and hotel industries as they are well equipped for many positions in the wide service sector.
Core Modules includes:
* Marketing and Business for Tourism and Leisure
* Tourism and Heritage Management
* Tourism Fieldwork
* Human Resource for Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality
* Tourism Research Methods and Personal Development Planning
* Tourism Independent Study
* Cultural Tourism, Festival and Event
* Managing Event
* e-Marketing for Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality
* Current Issues in Tourism and Hospitality
* International Hospitality Management
* Strategic Planning for Tourism & Leisure Urban Tourism
* Industrial Placement
The history of SEGi can be traced to its first education centre located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 1977. With over 30 years of its strong and established presence in the Malaysia education scene, SEGi received its University College status in 2008, and its University status in 2012.