The KBU International College Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture & Design (3+0) programme is offered in collaboration with Nottingham Trent University, UK. This is a modular architecture programme and assessment is based entirely on coursework involving a varied range of individual and group work, projects, presentation, 2D and 3D image generation and modelling, essays, seminars and a written dissertation.
During the 3 years of this programme, various activities such as field trips and site visits, as well as a series of guest lectures by prominent members of the design profession will be organised.
* Introduction to design principles
* Basic design skill
* 3D desform, space and order
Application of Design Principles
* Introduction to basic structure and structural principles
* Design issues in relation to structure and function
* Ergonomics and anthropometrics
* Working and manipulating with scale
* Introduction to basic drafting
* 2D and 3D drawing technologies
* Orthographic drawing
* Production drawing and model making
* Basic structures and materials
* Presentation drawing
* Rendering techniques
* Digital Imaging Skills
Architecture in Context 1
* Historical development in architecture and its social cultural contexts
* Political, economic, social and techno logical influences on contemporary architecture in global contexts
* Basic research strategies and methods
* Critical analytical skills through specific investigation in relation to interior architecture
Integrated design principles
* Organisation and space configuration
* Planning strategies for a given building programme within a specific architecture envelope
* Design proposals concerning ergonomic needs, finishes and materials within a focused small scale design project
* Develop and design plan into a detailed proposal that addresses the design, detailing, finishes and specification of architectural and interior elements at appropriate level.
* Conceptualising and relating ideas and expression of design solution
* Presentation and debate design proposals through appropriate visual, verbal, written and electronic techniques.
Professional and Technical Studies
* Professional Presentation
* Develop a professional CV and portfolio of work aligned to skills and techniques that the industry requires
Terminology of Building Construction
* Principles and terminology of building construction, and consequences of the application of materials
Architecture in Context 2
* Contemporary interior, architecture and urban design in local and global context
* Cultural diversity and influences in built environment
* Exploration of critical thinking and construction debates.
Advanced Design Studies
* Synthesized research, critical debate and design philosophy.
* Design strategies for responding creatively through design proposals and site contexts
* Holistic response to architectural and environmental context design, building briefs, scheme design, and conceptual framework, cultural, social, political and economic considerations and to reflect in detailed design.
Graduates can find jobs in interior design companies, architecture firms, furniture manufacturer, lighting design consultancy, or work as exhibition designer, set designers and retail designers.
Established in 1990, KBU International College is a premier private institution of higher learning in Malaysia that offers quality programmes from Pre-University to Degree levels in partnership with UK universities and professional bodies.