Direct into Foundation in Science:
* SPM / O-Levels (Science stream) min. 5 credits incl. Maths & 2 Sciences (Physics/Chemistry/Biology); or
* UEC (Science stream) min. 4 credits incl. Maths & 2 Sciences (Physics/Chemistry/Biology); or
* SAM (Science stream) ave. less than 65% and above 50%; with a min of 50% in Maths; or
* CPU (Science stream) ave. less than 60% and above 50%; with a min of 50% in Maths
Direct into Year 1:
* STPM min 2C incl. Maths & Physics; or
* A-Levels min 2D incl. Maths & Physics; or
* UEC (Science stream) min. 5 credits incl. Maths & Physics; or
* International students with 12 Years education - min. ovreall average of 65%, incl. 65% in Maths and Phyiscs; or
* SAM (Science stream) min. ave. 65% in 5 subjects incl. minimum 65% in Maths and Physics; or
* CPU (Science stream) min. ave. 60% in 6 subjects incl. minimum 60% in Maths and Physics; or
* Matriculation (Science stream) min. CGPA 2.0; or
* International Baccalaureate (Science based) 26/42 from 6 subjects; or
* Diploma/Advance Diploma/Degree/equivalent min. pass - subject to discretion of institution
International Student Total Fee: RM101,790 (inclusive of student VISA application fees and insurance)
The UCSI University B.Eng (Hons) in Petroleum Engineering programme is designed to equip students with a solid foundation and the knowledge of petroleum chemistry, physics, mathematics, rock and fluid properties, thermodynamics, drilling, simulation, reservoir engineering and their applications to petroleum technology.
The programme encompasses a well-balanced curriculum that focuses on upstream and downstream industries, and covers a wide range of subjects that includes pure and industrial chemistry designed for petroleum engineers, physics, corrosion principles in petroleum industry, surface chemistry and catalysis, principles of well drilling, geosystem exploration, dangers of hydrogen sulphide in the oil industry, petroleum refining, EOR, IOR, MEOR, environmental science and technology, natural gas engineering, well logging, reservoir simulation, off shore drilling and management and economy.
Special features of Petroleum Engineering course are:
* Special laboratory (Petroleum engineering computer laboratory) equipped for reservoir and multilateral drilling simulation techniques
* Oil and gas production operations including well completion, well diagnosis and treatments
* Drilling engineering laboratory, rock and fluid laboratory
* Field trips
* Field development project
* Final year research project
Students will undergo industrial training under the UCSI University Co-Operative Placement (Co-Op) Programme in the third semester of Year 2 and 4 to learn from and familiarise themselves with the real life working environment.
Towards the end of the course of study, students will undertake a two-semester final year project to assess their understanding and the outcome of their formal education.
Graduates of the UCSI University B.Eng (Hons) in Petroleum Engineering programme can explore jobs that involves the study of explorations , development and extraction of oil and gas deposits, and the planning, design, development and supervision of projects for drilling, testing, re-working, and completion of oil and gas wells.
Job Opportunities includes Reservoir Engineer, Drilling Engineer, Production Engineer, Field Engineer, Operation Engineer, Mud Engineer, Project Development Engineer, Well Completion Engineer, Offshore Engineer, Subsea Engineer, Health and Safety Engineer, Simulation Engineer, Process Engineer, Workover Engineer, Cost Engineer.
All UCSI University engineering degree programmes comply with the latest requirements for accreditation by the Malaysian Engineering Accreditation Council, which fulfils the international requirements drafted in the Washington Accord.
UCSI University is a leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Terengganu and Sarawak. It was accorded the University College status in 2003 and became UCSI University when it received University status in 2008.