MOHE Approval Code: KA6495
The MAHSA University Diploma in Pharmacy is aimed at equipping individuals with the skills and knowledge necessary to enter the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries as pharmacy assistants and technicians.
Students will be exposed to various aspects of pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, pharmacy practices and management. Students will acquire skills to prepare medicine and learn the uses of medicine so that they will be able to counsel patients. They will also be taught to work as a team with other healthcare providers.
MAHSA Diploma in Pharmacy students will be given practical training in hospitals to enable them to have hands-on experience in clinical settings, such as handling medical prescriptions from doctors, dispensing medicines to patients and advising them on the use of these medicines to achieve safe and optimal therapeutic results.
The MAHSA University Diploma in Pharmacy is a 3 year programme where students will spend 4 semesters in the University and 2 semesters in hospital pharmacy training. This programme received its full MQA accreditation in March 2009.
MAHSA Diploma in Pharmacy graduates with CGPA of 3.80 and above may gain entry into the Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) or MPharm course.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Pharmacy, graduates may work as a pharmacy assistant in government and private hospitals / clinics and community pharmacy, quality control personnel in pharmaceutical factory, sales and marketing in the pharmaceutical industry, research assistant, academic assistant, etc.
Exciting opportunities in the pharmacy field includes:
* Hospital Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacy Administrator
* Pharmacy Consultant - Home Health Care, Long-Term Care Facilities, Internet Consultant
* Pharmaceutical Industry - Research and Development, Manufacturing, Pharmacogenomics
* Government Agencies - Hospice and Home Care, Public Health Services, FDA inspector
* College and Universities - Professor/Lecturer
* Medical and Scientific Publishing - Editor-in-Chief, Science Writer
* Nuclear Pharmacy - Chemotherapy pharmacist
* Law - Retail Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Company Attorney
MAHSA (Malaysian Allied Health Science Academy) was established in 2005 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with the belief that higher education in the field of healthcare is a vital cog in the development of the nation.