The Taylor's University Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Travel & Recreation Management) (Brevet de Technicien Superieur Tourisme) programme is designed to produce professionals in the field who possess functional, creative and interpersonal skills applicable to the industry.
The programme equips students with knowledge in business, communication, tourism, culture and arts, environmental and professional studies. A passion for travel, culture and recreation is essential for students who wish to pursue this degree.
Key Course Features
Specialised Tourism Skills
* Blending theory and practice to develop specialist skills such as tour planning, packaging and operations, destination marketing, arts and culture, and tourist behaviour.
Exposure to Business and Communication
* Cultivate business-minded graduates through exposure to business management modules such as Accounting, HRM, Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
* Opportunity to learn at least three languages such as French, Japanese, Spanish or Korean.
* Exposure to up-and-coming fields within the industry such as Spa Management, Integrated Resort Management, Ecotourism, etc.
* Opportunity to plan and organise 3 tours (domestic and international).
* Regular field trips and industry visits to travel and recreation establishments.
* Internship in Year 2 and 3 (26 weeks) to develop supervisory and management skills.
* Opportunity to embark on a fast-track employment programme (Training and Linkages to Employment in Tourism - TALENT) for selected students.
International Study Opportunity
* Final-year students have the opportunity to participate in the International Student Mobility Programme that includes seminars, workshops and study trips to discover various forms of tourism.
* Opportunity for a semester abroad with credit transfer to United Kingdom, Finland, France, Switzerland, South Korea or Netherlands.
Students will receive equal recognition and certification from both Taylor’s University and the University of Toulouse, France.
* Business of Tourism & Hospitality
* English for Hospitality & Tourism
* Special Interest Tourism
* Travel Geography
* Tour & Travel Operations I & II
* History, Arts & Culture
* Destination Knowledge & Analysis
* Design for Events
* Sales & Customer Relations Management
* Airlines Reservation & Ticketing
* Tour & Travel Operations Management I & II
* Recreational Management Application I - Nature, Adventure & Eco-Tourism
* Tourism & Hospitality Law
* Basic French I
* Entrepreneurship for Tourism
* Tourism Information Systems & e-Commerce
* Recreational Management Application II - Integrated Resort Management
* Hospitality Human Resources Management
* Tourism Economics
* Financial Management
* Intermediate French II
* Tourism Marketing
* Recreational Management Application III - Spa Management
* Intercultural Management
* Revenue Management
* Socio-Anthropology of Tourism
* Tourism Project
* Sustainable Tourism Development
Career Options Includes:
* Advertising & Promotions Manager
* Destination Brand Manager
* Destination Development Specialist
* Incentive Specialist
* Recreation Entrepreneur
* Sports & Recreation Manager
* Tour Manager
* Tourism Officer
* Tourism Planner
* Tourist Bureau Manager
* Travel Agency Manager
* Travel Consultant
* Travel Journalist
* Travel Retail Management
Taylors is one of the oldest, most successful and reputable private education institution in Malaysia.